Thursday, October 18, 2018

Good Old Days and The Little things

I surveyed my Facebook friends recently asking them What are old little things they miss or no longer see today? It could be a romantic gesture, or just memories of what they miss.
Some quickly commented with response such as  love notes, Picnics,  outdoor movies, quality time away from phone, pen pals, riding bike with friends, sipping in quarter juices, payphone, writing/ sending letters, poetry, calling people at home, these are some of many Responses.

As I read all these comments I kept reminiscing  about the good old days.
I  shared that I miss visiting people at home and having face to face conversations.
I recall visiting family and friends without giving them a notice in advance, and being welcomed in.  I remember setting dates to actually hangout in  peoples home to past time, dance or even sit to converse about what's occurring in life.
I remember calling people to simply ask how was their day which led to hours long conversations.

Don't misinterpret me, I'm  happy for technology such as phone and internet its convenient to all. It kept us connected in the sense that we're in touch, but we aren't as united as we were, once upon a time.
Why did we stop doing things we like?
People  no longer write letters, they E-mail where's the excitement in E-mails? Some people don't even E-mail they send long text. LoL
People no longer meet up to just hang out in in front of buildings, at the mall or ride bikes, nowadays  hanging out  means to actually do something for example go rock climbing or wine while paint.
I also have no issues with emailing and doing different type of activities, but I can't stop wondering 
why people no longer interact they day we once did?

Hmm, I would like to hear people opinions. Why the change? Do we change?  Or Why do we let the world change?

I would love to bring back pen pals, or how about payphones, as one Facebook friend suggested. I miss the payphones, especially when my cellphone is not charged.

What would you bring back or redo?

Happy Reading
VQ

No comments:

Post a Comment