Monday, September 17, 2018

Love and Distance

The In Between of My Love Life ...

Has anyone experience any love ones in the Military force and  or maybe the distance between a relationship ? Isn't it disappointing?  But shouldn't we appreciate  the distance thou?

Ladies and Gents, let me share with you the in between of my love life. As busy as my love and I are, dealing with our daily routine and being single parents, I can't complain. I LOVE US ! We have an understanding, but than there's the distance and The Army :(.

While I refused to date him at first,  I am glad he convinced me to take a chance on us, But it has not been a  simple journey. We are not your typically guy and gal relationship, but is there a typical relationship anyways?

In the beginning, I felt as if our relationship was an experiment. We lived about an hour and half away, usually less. He lived in PA while I am in NJ. It wasn't bad the long distance, since we were both getting to know each other. We both prioritized our parenting duties and we both had our goals. I felt that we were each others comfort and support call.
As the time passed  and the more we spent together  the more attached we became. It was getting more difficult to stay away from one another. I wanted to spend as much as I could with him. But then The Army keeps interfering! LOL.

He first had to leave for eight weeks it was about six months into our relationship. When I met him, I knew he was committed to the Army, therefore I was okay with it. While I was sad he was miles away I understood. I have a few rough weeks, some days I couldn't speak to him since he was busy. During those long weeks, I felt a mixed of emotion mad, sad, anxious. I realized I was feeling this way because I was falling in love with him.  
We spoke about the possibility of  him being relocated, but it didn't hit me until after I saw . The thought of him being gone for a longer period of time frighten me, so I didn't want to be over excite. We knew he was moving, it was a matter of him just waiting for the orders from the Army  to be sent.  We tried to spend as much time possible which .

Thankfully he was relocated in my state, the only down fall is that he lives  two hours away.  He lives down South, while I live in North Jersey. That's not that bad! I know it could of been extremely worse.

We made and continue to make our relationship work. We both alternate weekends, and make the best of it.  The best part about my relationship is that our children like us.:)

But now he is gone again, back to, but thank GOD its just three week this time! Three weeks is a lot people, I cant imaging if it was Deployment. 
Thank Goodness for technology, He tries to calls or video calls me daily... He Loves ME!

I appreciate the time apart thou, I believe it helps strength the relationship.  Not being able to see or talk to your partner can help you build a stronger relationship. You will learn how to communicate better. You learn to trust. You discover a little more about each other physical and mental state. And you will love harder. You will learn to appreciate each other company.

I am thankful that I have committed myself into this relationship.  Since I had  failed past relationship It was hard for me to trust  my boyfriend  at first and communicating is not my best forte, but I over came most of my issues. I am still working on a few, but I will get better.

He will be back home in two week . We will continue to enjoy and love each other company. Distance nor The Army cant break us. We shall see what the future brings.


This is us being us

  I LOVE HIM !!!







1 comment: