Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Preteens and Their Attitudes.

The In Between of  Life as a Mother with a Preteen

Who of my readers have a preteen or teenager??? Let's chat...

I recall when my child was an innocent  little boy.  Everything was all smiles, all  cute and adorable. 
There was no complaints, no  attitude , no rolling of the eye.
I understand that as a child gets older, he or she will experience  changes and discover new phase in life. 
But why??  To what point do the parents have to deal with there emotional and hormonal  changes??

I love my child, he is very intelligent, talented and gifted, but his preteen stage is getting to me. 
His attitude is what kills me. Literally!! 

It is okay that he is growing, he is going thru physical changes. I understand he train of thought will change. I get he will  have an opinion, we are all entitle to our opinion, but why the attitude? If he disagree that okay, but  does he need to raise  his voice, and  make facials expression.
Oh the facials expression!! the rolling of  the eyes, the raising eye brows and the sideway lips. Oh and especially sucking his teeth. 

Why!!!!!!!
I can be so impatient with him and I may overreact but it just gets so tiering. 

I have tired to speak to him and calmly understand him. I ask questions, I ask for him to express to me what's on his mind, but sometime I do have to become strong with him. I have to punish and discipline him.

It has been better thou, I explained to him how it was for me growing up and compare it to how I am raising him. He was shocked at some of my past experience.  Hopefully  I will get through his changes.

I don't know about other parents, but  having a preteen is stressful. My oldest is eleven years old and I have two other children I  am not looking forward to all these changes.

Let's chats, Give me examples... how can we improve as parents to deal with our preteens or teenagers.??

I look forward for your comments!!

happy reading
VQ

1 comment: