Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Welcome to Motherhood !!

Scientifically, a women who become pregnant and births a child is known to become a mother.

As easy and pleasurable it is to create a baby, does it give women the privilege to be called a Mothers?

When I look at the world we live in I see a lot of types of  mothers. I see mothers struggling with their children, (sometimes is one child). I see mothers with multiple kids. I see mothers  who overprotect kids. I see spoiled kids, I see abused kids. I see mothers hanging out while the kids are where?? . I see all types of relationship and kids. I'm not one to judge, because motherhood is not easy at all, but why have kids?? What is your definition of motherhood?? Should all women be mothers??

Women have their own opinion of the definition of motherhood. We have women who believe since they birth a child they should be consider mothers. We have the women who play the motherly role for wrong reasons for example keeping the family united.  We also have women who believe motherhood is a choice.

You are wondering why I am so sure there are women out there with such mind set, right?

I know because I could relate. I believed I was a mother because I birth a child, so no one could tell me other wise. I try to use my child as an excuse to continue a relationship and keep my family united. I now believe motherhood is a simple choice, and wonderful experience that teaches lesson to help one become a better person.

I first became pregnant by a man barely knew. We were two young adults in our early twenties both in college. At that time we were both broken from long term relationship. We were each others rebound,  just keeping each other company , comforting one another and having a good time. Six months into our good times we find out I was pregnant.
Even though, I knew my child's father wasn't happy with my pregnancy he respect all my decisions and agreed to be there for my baby. We play it casual and continue on with life.

Was I freaking out ... Yes ! I was twenty and pregnant.! Still in college , still wanting to discover myself, still trying to grow up.
But I had always prayed to God that I didn't want to feel alone, I always prayed not to be pregnant unless its was meant to be. I kept in faith, I knew God wasn't going to mislead me. Everything  happens for a reason, I always took everything as a lesson to be learn.

I withdrew from college and focus on working, my goals was to work as much as I could so that I can provide for my unborn child. I was lucky to had a coworker that help me find my first apartment. Everything was coming along as planned. I was ready to become a mother.
Nine and a half months later moment was here I gave birth twice to my first born, eight and half pound  baby boy. Yes twice!! But that's another story. Ask me, comment if you like to find out. :)

Our prince was born, and we realize it was no joke. The waking but ever three-four hours, (4 hours is actually a long sleeping time by the way)  the feeding , changing , crying... it was all too much!
But I wanted to become a mother, so I needed to deal with all that responsibilities. It never ends!

But it didn't stop me, for I was pregnant again!

For my second child it was every unexpected. I didn't know I was pregnant until I felt a little movement, Literally thought it was a parasite, LOL.
But for this time around I knew I had to become more responsible, it wasn't about just having a baby and becoming a mother. For my  4lb premature baby boy, I needed to mature more and realized that motherhood is more complex. My second child needed more attention, he was getting up about every hour to two hours.  My relationship with my children father was already rocky and I return back home to my mother. I wanted to work it out with the father of my boys, but I wasn't sure he did, So I gave him a break. It wasn't easy being parents to two babies.. Literally they were 13 months apart.
I overcome my situation and better my life, found a better job, found a new  apartment for my boys, bought my first real car.
I even asked the father of  my children to marry me, so that we can keep the family united. THAT FAILED.

We learn how to co-parent, for me as a mother it was all about my boys. I woke up took them to the sitter, work and then came back home to them.
When they got older, I woke up took them to school, work,  football practice, and back home.  Of course, I feed and bathed them, Lol.
I barely had time for myself, But I chose this life.

I now have three children, my last child was a 6lb baby girl. I believe it was harder for me. Since I had my boys already bigger potty trained, they feed themselves, they were big boys. I had my boys trained they were very independent.  For my daughter, It was like starting over but worse.  I had to wake up every 2-3 hours, change diapers.. ohhh the girls diapers are messier, and I had to be more gentle with her. She was our Princess, Still is!
Imagine taking the boys to school, football practice, work and do all the mommy duties with a new born baby! OMG I was exhausted. BUT I wouldn't change it for the world.


I do not regret being a mother, I live for my children but I did at one point in life.

Life has taught me how to embrace my actions instead of regretting. I chose to be a mother first before anything  or anyone else.
I wanted and still do want to give my children experiences, I didn't have growing up. My goal is to continue to grow with them as a parent. To learn, laugh, and love with them.
Motherhood is about the experiencing and  maturing as a mother,  not having as many kids possible. A person shouldn't have children if they cant support, and handle them.
Sometime motherhood is that key to brighten a woman life, having a child can filled an empty hole. Its a beautiful experience, I would recommend it to women who are ready for adventure and a new chapter of life.

Check out My Children (11, 10, and 6 year old)... My reason to waking up every morning !


What is your input in motherhood? What type of mother are you?  Can't wait to read all about it .
VQ






.

No comments:

Post a Comment